Digital Preservation Coalition Briefing Day
CTO Dr Matthew Addis is looking forward to presenting at the Digital Preservation Coalition Briefing Day, which is taking place on Tuesday 21st March 2017 in Edinburgh.
The Digital Preservation Coalition is delighted to invite members to a briefing day that will explore themes related to procuring and implementing digital preservation solutions within complicated organizations, illustrated with case studies from members and the practical experience of solution providers.
This day-long session will provide a neutral forum where those involved in procuring digital preservation solutions can talk directly and without prejudice about the challenges they face. The dialogue that results aims to clarify the process of requirements gathering and lower the barriers to effective procurement.
- examine requirements from the perspective of the developer and the collection owner
- discuss and procedures for procurement of preservation solution
- present recent case studies and good practice in the development of requirements
- introduce and examine the range of proprietary and open source solutions for digital preservation currently available
- Allow vendors to explain their own requirements, improving understanding all round.
The day will include a moderated ‘open mic’ session where technologists, procurement managers and collection owners will be free to discuss and review obstacles to procuring practical digital preservation.
For more information about the event, please click here.