This isn’t about creating a wish list of company values that sound good and telling everyone they need to live and breathe them. This is about the energy that our team members have and the values that bind us together in our quest as we climb the metaphorical mountain. Sounds cheesy, right? But actually, clearly defined company values are as important as our messaging and our brand. They’re what make us work well together as a team and business, but most importantly, they reflect our customers’ values and why our customers and partners want to work with us.
We recently sat down as a leadership team to talk about our company values and what is important to us. We managed to distil them down to five key values that are common across the team; mostly innate, some aspirational. These are what keep us all moving forward personally and together as a business.
Our company values are:
- Obsessive about data: Yep this is super geeky. But the point is we know our stuff when it comes to data management and we care about what we do. Our team is full of domain experts who have a lot of experience in delivering long-term data management solutions for the industries we operate in. Meet some of them here.
- Ability to energise others: Everyone talks about a ‘can do’ attitude, but this is more than that. This is about energising the people around you and taking them on the ride with you. #LetsGo
- Deliver results: This is a biggy. We are humble enough to know we haven’t always delivered results. This is why we have spent the past 18 months building for the long-term by delivering an improved product offering and service for safeguarding, preservation, usability and compliance of data.
- Commitment to our clients’ success: This is our very reason for being. As a business, we exist because of our clients and it’s very important to us that we can support our clients and help them be successful in meeting their goals.
- Always learning. This is about being humble enough to recognise that we don’t know everything and being open to learning new things and trying new experiences.
No cookie-cuttered “Arkies” please
This doesn’t mean all Arkivum staff need to be from the same cookie-cutter. We embrace everyone’s different cultures, backgrounds, experiences and points of view as that’s what makes us so good as a team – different perspectives and ideas. We do look for our “Arkies” (Arkivum team members) to have the innate qualities that our company values are centred around and this all comes down to having a positive attitude and a lot of energy 🙂
“Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” – Andrew Carnegie
We’re a small company with a big ambition which means we all need to step up and be accountable. We all have a part to play in moving the company forward towards our goals, even as the goals evolve or change, as is a natural part of doing business. Having clear values acts as a set of guidelines so that we can all be autonomous in our roles and contributions.
Key to our hiring success
Our company values also play a vital part in our hiring process, as they help us to identify talented people that will fit with our company culture and goals. More importantly though, it also helps them to evaluate if Arkivum is the right company for them to be a part of. We want new team members to be excited by what we are doing too.
“Great things in business are never done by one person; they’re done by a team of people.”
– Steve Jobs
So, company values aren’t just words that the marketing department created to look good on a wall, they are an essential part of how we do business. What are your company values?
We’re hiring! Check out our careers page to see if there is a role for you.
11 May, 2018
Arkivum brand update: why you will see a shiny new us going forward
There’s been a lot going on behind the scenes at the Arkivum headquarters over the past 6 months. Product-wise, our team has been busy implementing a single platform for all the existing and future functionality to reside on and cater to all of our markets. More information to follow soon.
25 Jun, 2018
Arkivum announces huge leap forward with release of v5.0 for smart digital preservation, data safeguarding and lifecycle management
Arkivum are excited to announce version 5 of their product which is the first release incorporating open source technologies in our new microservices framework. This framework uses modern,…