Careers / 11 Jun, 2021
Customer Success Engineer
Arkivum is an industry leading tech start-up based in Reading in the UK.
Our exceptional SaaS solution is used internationally for the archiving and preservation of valuable digital assets across a range of industries including life sciences, scientific research, heritage and higher education.
As a quick example of the type of work we do, we recently partnered up with Google in the European wide ARCHIVER project which was headed up by CERN, the home of the Hadron Collider. The aim of the project is to service the preservation requirements of the European scientific community. In the current phase, the scalability of the solution is a priority, with the buyer organisations ingesting petabytes of data at rates of up to 100 terabytes a day.
Today, the amount of data that organisations are generating is growing exponentially. This means the long-term management and preservation of that data is more important than ever before. This is an incredibly exciting time for Arkivum, as our customers rely on us to ensure the long-term security and accessibility of their data, regardless of volume, variety or complexity.
Arkivum are looking for an experienced Customer Success Engineer to provide high quality assistance to our growing customer base. With a focus on Support and Customer Success you would ensure customer issues are handled and queries are answered. As a self-motivated engineer you would join a dynamic team, supporting an exciting and rapidly evolving product.
The company is based out of Reading, with a flexible approach to working with the option to work remotely if desired. We offer a competitive salary and a range of employee benefits including healthcare.
- Take ownership of customer queries and see issues through to resolution
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions to resolve customer issues
- Managing customer projects such as onboarding, data discovery, and data ingest
- Conducting product walk-through and assisting with customer training
- Helping customers fully use the Arkivum software service and tracking customer satisfaction
- Prepare updates for projects, on-going issues, and customer status to the Technical Operations Manager
- Document knowledge in the form of internal knowledge base and external customer support articles and FAQs
- Build a strong working relationship with team members
- Interact with Product Management and Development teams to fully understand new product enhancements
- Review and improve product training material prior to customer handover
- 2+ years’ experience in Customer Support within an enterprise software organization
- Experience of using RESTFul APIs
- Experience with using monitoring tools, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack
- Proven time management skills in a dynamic support environment
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
- Able to multitask, prioritise, and manage time efficiently
- Experience with using of the Linux operating system
- Working knowledge of scripting such as BaSH or Python
- An understanding of authentication protocols such as Oauth and SAML
- Knowledge of NoSQL and or Relational databases technologies such as MongoDB or PostgreSQL
- Knowledge in public cloud technologies and services.
Arkivum benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Free Vitality health and dental care
- Cycle to work scheme
- Electric car scheme
- Company pension
- Regular company socials
You can use the link below to apply for the role. When applying, please provide your CV and a cover letter.