Careers / 04 Aug, 2022
Professional Services / Support Engineer
Arkivum is an industry leading tech start-up based in Reading. Our SaaS solution helps organisations solve the challenges associated with safeguarding and preserving digital assets for decades into the future.
Under new leadership since July-2020, Arkivum now focuses on the life sciences sector, and in particular, clinical trial data. Alongside this we are also partnered with Google in the European wide ARCHIVER programme – a project designed to push the boundaries of digital preservation for the European Scientific Research Community.
We have the technology, funding, experience, and capability to scale our business quickly. We are growing to meet the needs of our expanding client base and to scale out our growth in the coming years. As a result we are actively looking for someone who can help provide customer support and who has the desire/capacity to progress their career into other, more senior roles, as the business expands.
Our people are hands-on, entrepreneurial thinkers and doers. As a scaling start-up you are well supported by the open, approachable leadership team and given the freedom to deliver against our overall business goals.
Your ability to manage, and work within a team, engage and build relationships is a trait which comes naturally. You can quickly ascertain insights from stakeholder conversations and have a can-do approach and drive to push the innovation of the company forward.
Due to continued expansion, we’re looking for a Professional Services/Support Engineer to join our team to provide customer support from onboarding and right through their tenancy with Arkivum. The successful candidate will have experience providing technical and application support to customers.
In the role you shall:
- Field 1st and 2nd line support requests, log these in the helpdesk system (Zendesk and Jira).
- Field customer product queries and provide Arkivum application support
- Troubleshoot customer problems whilst maintaining accurate records
- Undertake customer service requests; assist with data ingests, application administration etc
- Participate in tenant configuration and onboarding; tenant configuration, ingesting customers sample data and introducing customers to the Arkivum solution
- Be a customer champion
We are looking for candidates with the following skills/experiences:
- 2 years’ experience supporting software applications and/or delivering technical services to customers
- Excellent customer service skills, striving to exceed expectations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English)
- Organised and able to take ownership of a task or project and see it through to completion
- Good time management including the ability to prioritise workload
- Experience working within Service Level Agreements
- A self-motivated problem solver
- Desirable (but not essential) skills/experiences include:
- Simple data analysis using Microsoft Excel and/or scripting languages e.g. Python
- Basic understanding of XML and JSON file formats
- Knowledge of NoSQL and/or relational databases technologies e.g. MongoDB or PostgreSQL
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension
- 25 days paid holiday per annum + bank holidays
- Private medical and dental insurance
- YuLife, life insurance scheme
- Access to electric car scheme
- Regular company socials
- Operations / Customer Success Manager