Careers / 04 Jul, 2019
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated QA Lead to join a fast-growing Agile development team on additional development of our core product, based in either our Reading, UK or Hyderabad, India offices. The role is to lead the team of Quality Assurance engineers as well as having a hands-on approach in automating the testing of the Arkivum platform. This will enable us to respond to the high volume and rapidly changing data management needs of our customers.
The QA Lead is a global role and in addition to QA and development teams the individual will be expected to interact with other teams across the business such as product and project management, operations, documentation and compliance teams.
- Lead and mentor Software QA team members
- Work as part of a highly collaborative, cross-functional, Agile product development team to build features on a distributed framework, ensuring delivery of quality software components
- Define test plans to ensure Arkivum products meets industry and company standards
- Continuously review and improve test strategies and validation processes
- Take responsibility to ensure all quality assurance tasks meet quality criteria through validated test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking
- With the Software QA team, identify and manage potential risks in the release of Arkivum products and create plans to mitigate them.
- Reporting progress, plans, traceability matrix, issues with resolutions to upper management and other involved parties within the organisation.
- Work with Product Management and Development teams to ensure software is high quality and meets defined requirements.
- Work with the Compliance team on Computer Systems Validation processes.
- Manage the QA test environments in co-operation with the Operations team.
Skills / Experience
- 5+ years quality assurance experience demonstrated industry experience of delivering high quality software releases within Agile Scrum environments.
- Highly experienced in the development, creation and deployment of quality assurance automated test plans.
- Experience in the creation and management of test automation frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber and restAssured.
- Experienced in Java with appreciation of software development across different technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written with the Software QA team, Senior Management and other teams within the organisation, providing strong problem-solving abilities to complex scenarios and issues.
- Experienced in efficient time and project management, being able to manage multiple aspects of the product’s life cycle ensuring no delay in the project release schedules.
- Experience working in Linux based operating system technologies such as CentOS and Ubuntu in command line (CLI) environments.
- Understand and experience in RESTful API web services.
- Understanding and experience in ISO 27001, ISO 9001 and GxP compliance standards.
- Understanding of cloud-based technologies such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and G Cloud.
- Knowledgeable in QA test tools such as TestRail and Agile tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with virtualisation technologies such as VMWare, Xen and VirtualBox to deploy, manage and monitor applications.
- Experience with Git source code management.
- Experience with Docker from a command line (CLI) environments.
- Understanding of JSON/XML file formats.
- Managing build dependencies and packaging with Maven.
- Understanding of technologies such as MongoDB and SQL database architectures, Apache Kafka and Elasticsearch.