Careers / 04 Aug, 2022
Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer
Arkivum is an industry leading tech start-up based in Reading. Our SaaS solution helps organisations solve the challenges associated with safeguarding and preserving digital assets for decades into the future.
Under new leadership since July-2020, Arkivum now focuses on the life sciences sector, and in particular, clinical trial data. Alongside this we are also partnered with Google in the European wide ARCHIVER programme – a project designed to push the boundaries of digital preservation for the European Scientific Research Community.
We have the technology, funding, experience, and capability to scale our business quickly. We are growing to meet the needs of our expanding client base and to scale out our growth in the coming years. As a result we are actively looking for someone who can help assure the quality of our Engineering releases and who has the desire/capacity to progress their career into other, more senior roles, as the business expands.
Our people are hands-on, entrepreneurial thinkers and doers. As a growing business you are well supported by the open, approachable leadership team and given the freedom to deliver against our overall business goals.
Your ability to self-manage whilst contributing to the Engineering team and build relationships with the wider business is a trait that comes naturally. You can quickly ascertain insights from stakeholder conversations and have a can-do approach and drive to push the innovation of the company forward.
Arkivum’s QA Engineers analyse, review and test Arkivum’s existing product and future additions to the core product. They are responsible for the scope of release testing, driving test automation, writing test cases and carrying out a wide range of testing including functional testing, performance testing and benchmarking.
The role extends to overseeing external third party product validation for major releases and communicating the outcomes of the testing to the rest of the engineering team.
- Writing new test scripts
- Extending automated tests for new functionality
- Maintaining the automation repository
- Executing test scripts and reporting results
- Performance testing and benchmarking
- QA practices, methods and processes
- Championing the QA function!
We are looking for candidates with the following skills/experiences:
- 2 years’ experience in a software testing or similar software engineering role
- Organised and able to take ownership of a task or project and see it through to completion
- Good time management including the ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English)
- Experience working within a quality controlled engineering environment
- A self-motivated problem solver
- Desirable (but not essential) skills/experiences include:
- Scripting and/or basic programming (e.g. Python, Java, Powershell, Bash)
- Project/Test Management tools (e.g. Jira, TestRail, Cucumber)
- Microsoft Excel functions (e.g. Index/Match, Vlookup)
- Experience using Rest APIs (e.g. Swagger, Postman)
- Basic understanding of XML and JSON file formats
- Knowledge of NoSQL and/or relational databases technologies e.g. MongoDB or PostgreSQL
- Desirable (but not essential) qualifications:
- BSc(Hons) Computing/Engineering Degree or Similar
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension
- 25 days paid holiday per annum + bank holidays
- Private medical and dental insurance
- YuLife, life insurance scheme
- Access to electric car scheme
- Regular company socials
- Engineering Manager