Careers / 09 Jun, 2021
Arkivum is an industry leading tech start-up based in Reading in the UK.
Our exceptional SaaS solution is used internationally for the archiving and preservation of valuable digital assets across a range of industries including life sciences, scientific research, heritage and higher education.
As a quick example of the type of work we do, we recently partnered up with Google in the European wide ARCHIVER project which was headed up by CERN, the home of the Hadron Collider. The aim of the project is to service the preservation requirements of the European scientific community. In the current phase, the scalability of the solution is a priority, with the buyer organisations ingesting petabytes of data at rates of up to 100 terabytes a day.
Today, the amount of data that organisations are generating is growing exponentially. This means the long-term management and preservation of that data is more important than ever before. This is an incredibly exciting time for Arkivum, as our customers rely on us to ensure the long-term security and accessibility of their data, regardless of volume, variety or complexity.
Due to the growing demand for our services, we are looking to expand our development team. We are seeking a talented, flexible and self-motivated Java Developer to join an Agile development team.
The initial focus for the role will be to support transitioning to Kubernetes in AWS and Google Cloud and reworking our architecture to take the scalability of our solution to the next level.
If you are a hard-working self-starter looking to work within a fast-paced, energetic and fun environment Arkivum could be the company for you.
The company is based out of Reading, with a flexible approach to working with the option to work remotely if desired. We offer a competitive salary and a range of employee benefits including healthcare.
The main responsibilities for the role include:
- Assist in the design and implementation of cloud-scale microservices running on Kubernetes.
- Take responsibility for the continuous smooth operation of the software; helping to troubleshoot issues, refine and enhance existing features and enable upgrading to new versions.
- Write unit tested, documented and peer-reviewed code.
- Work with Product Managers and QA to ensure software is high quality and meets requirements.
- Work with Scrum Master and participate and contribute to all Scrum ceremonies.
- Java 11
- Spring Boot
- Rest APIs
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a role delivering software solutions
- Java 8/11
- Spring Framework
- Restful APIs (JAX-RS or Spring MVC)
Arkivum benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Free Vitality health and dental care
- Cycle to work scheme
- Electric car scheme
- Company pension
- Regular company socials
You can use the link below to apply for the role. When applying, please provide your CV and a cover letter.