Careers / 11 Jun, 2021
Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Arkivum is an industry leading tech start-up based in Reading in the UK.
Our exceptional SaaS solution is used internationally for the archiving and preservation of valuable digital assets across a range of industries including life sciences, scientific research, heritage and higher education.
As a quick example of the type of work we do, we recently partnered up with Google in the European wide ARCHIVER project which was headed up by CERN, the home of the Hadron Collider. The aim of the project is to service the preservation requirements of the European scientific community. In the current phase, the scalability of the solution is a priority, with the buyer organisations ingesting petabytes of data at rates of up to 100 terabytes a day.
Today, the amount of data that organisations are generating is growing exponentially. This means the long-term management and preservation of that data is more important than ever before. This is an incredibly exciting time for Arkivum, as our customers rely on us to ensure the long-term security and accessibility of their data, regardless of volume, variety or complexity.
Arkivum is looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to provide creative technical solutions to our product support team. A self-motivated Engineer you would join a dynamic team, supporting a rapidly evolving product.
The company is based out of Reading, with a flexible approach to working with the option to work remotely if desired. We offer a competitive salary and a range of employee benefits including healthcare.
- Troubleshooting application and infrastructure issues in production and pre-production
- Assist with automating and orchestrating the software deployment with Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) techniques
- Build tools to help manage and track system events such as file ingests and states
- Build and configure container technologies for Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
- Build a great working relationship with team members and the Java based application development teams
- Develop and mentor junior team members
- 5+ years’ experience within IT, including over 2 years in a relevant field
- Proficient with Python or Go
- Experience with either AWS or GCP
- Infrastructure as Codeand automation tools Ansible, Terraform, Helm, and Jenkins
- Production experience of Docker/Container technologies andKubernetes
- Monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Alert Manager, Grafana, and the ELK stack
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
- Working knowledge of NoSQL and Relational databases technologies such as MongoDB and PostgreSQL
- Intimate knowledge of the Linux operating system with a focus on CentOS
- An understanding of authentication protocols such as Oauth and SAML
- Hands on experience within a DevOps culture
- Experience of Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
Arkivum benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Free Vitality health and dental care
- Cycle to work scheme
- Electric car scheme
- Company pension
- Regular company socials
You can use the link below to apply for the role. When applying, please provide your CV and a cover letter.