Digital HeritageManaged digital preservation solution for digital content. Maximising long-term accessibility, trustworthiness and discovery.
Perpetua from Arkivum is a comprehensive end-to-end flexible managed solution for digital preservation and data access, using Archivematica and AtoM services in the cloud backed by the Arkivum digital archive service.
The solution is designed to get you on the digital preservation ladder in the easiest way possible. It provides file format normalisation along with all of the other tasks that Archivematica delivers, combined with long term, secure data archiving.
With zero setup costs, and no requirement for local IT infrastructure, resources or IT expertise, you can start using the service immediately.
Integrating with a range of specialist partners, our digital preservation solution provides:
- Off-the-shelf cloud or on-premise solutions to the challenges of curation, preservation, indexing and archiving of digital content with contracts available for up to, and in excess of, 25 years
- Compatibility with, and integration to, collection management, web publishing, and preservation applications such as Archivematica, AtoM, Rosetta and Ad-Lib
- Economical and scalable solutions with in-built fixity and bit-level preservation that are backed by a unique 100% data integrity guarantee
Arkivum and Artefactual webinar: It’s all about the metadata
Digital preservation: get the most out of your data
Our fourth webinar of the series was hosted by Sara Allain of Artefactual and Paula Keogh of Arkivum and focused on metadata.
Specifically, how archivists can get the most out of their data by utilising and capturing metadata in the best ways. By using the tools within the Arkivum Perpetua solution in combination with the industry-leading open-source technologies; Archivematica and AtoM from Artefactual, key preservation and data access functionality becomes seamless.
Do you have limited digital preservation resources? Would you like to learn how to use them for maximum benefit?
Read the eBook – Digital Preservation: A how-to guide for beginners.
Digital preservation readiness study
Do you want to know what professionals from a wide range of global galleries, museums, archives, libraries and memory institutions are saying about their digital preservation challenges – and what they’re doing about them?
Get our infographic and see where your organisation fits in the bigger picture.
“We are delighted to work with Arkivum and use the Perpetua service as part of our overall solution, in particular in the context of working with a collection, likely to exceed 250,000 digital files, capturing a transformational period in the city’s history. This will form a vital part of the University’s strategic review of the most effective approach to digital preservation of archival collections and research data over the long term.”Chris Awre
Kew has made significant IT investment in creating digital representations of physical objects. They are now implementing Arkivum to facilitate long-term open access of digital images and digitised text from a number of heritage and scientific collections that have immense scientific, cultural and public significance.
Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
An Arkivum-based preservation system… what do you get?
- For long-term (10+ years) and large-scale (PB) archives, a tape-based system from Arkivum is a factor of ten more economical than cloud / disk alternatives
- On-site at your location, or as a managed service, an Arkivum-based digital preservation system guarantees the integrity, trustworthiness and authenticity of your data
- With the Arkivum 100% data integrity guarantee, higher standards of digital preservation best practices can be readily achieved
“We felt that Arkivum’s Perpetua solution was best suited to serve our long-term needs. Our institutional records are extremely important to us and having a trusted partner whose solution […] is central to our long-term storage strategy.”Elaine Penn
Case Study: Tate Gallery, London
As part of its commitment to widening access to art, Tate has launched the Archives and Access Project – an ambitious effort to preserve and archive 52,000 pieces of new digital assets from the Tate Archive using Arkivum.
Interested in Digital Heritage resources?
We have a great selection of digital heritage related webinars, white papers, case studies and videos for you to see over in our resource library.
Talk to us
To find out more about our solutions and to start securing your data today and for the future, please call us on +44 (0)1249 405060, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the Contact Form below and we will follow-up with you directly.