To celebrate the official opening of Severn Pathology, the North Bristol NHS Trust are hosting a Joint Science Quarter Event with Severn Pathology and the University of Bristol based in the Learning & Research building taking place on 22nd February 2018. Arkivum is proud to support this event.
The event will showcase how science is revolutionising healthcare and highlighting the broad extent of clinical research that takes place every day right here across the Trust. The day has been divided into two themes, with the option of registering for the whole day, or part of the day. Places are limited so please see the links to Eventbrite below to register. You can download or view the 22 Feb 2018 Programme.pdf but to give you a taster, see below an overview of what’s happening.
Morning : Research Focus
- Research focussed presentations in the morning, Professor Jeremy Tavaré, Professor of Biochemistry and Director of Research (Health) will be sharing how the research landscape will look over the next five years.
- Presentations from our senior specialist research leads from across the Trust.
- Tours of the Bristol University Translational Health Sciences Laboratories based in the Learning & Research building.
After lunch : Severn Pathology Focus
You will have a rare opportunity to take a peek inside the high tech Severn Pathology building which is a collaboration with Public Heath England housed in a brand new state of the art facility.
- Mr David Gibbs & Jonathan Turner share how our unique technology led pathology services here at North Bristol NHS Trust, is enabling us to lead the way nationally and internationally.
- Presentations from Andrew Mumford, Professor of Haematology & Clinical Director, West of England, NHS Geonomic Medicine Centre and Professor Derrick Crook, Director of Microbiology, Public Health England
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining a tour.
1220 tours of the Bristol University Translational Health Sciences Laboratories
1430 tours of the high-tech Severn Pathology building.
Registration has been set-up so you can choose whether you would like to attend all day, or part of the day:
To register for attending all day : https://www.eventbrite.com/e/science-quarter-better-together-all-day-tic…
To register for Morning only: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/science-quarter-better-together-morning-onl…
To register for Afternoon only: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/science-quarter-better-together-afternoon-o…
Please email email@example.com to express an interest in registering for the tours