TMF Futures 2021: Good data in the age of digital transformation
This 2021 report is drawn from our second annual TMF Futures survey. Polling the views of 300 life sciences professionals in April 2021 (some 12 months into the global pandemic), it tracks the progress of life sciences and biopharma companies over the past year as they implement digital transformation strategies.
It was undertaken with the key aims of gaining insight into:
- The impact of COVID-19 on clinical trials.
- Digital Transformation Strategies: The adoption of digital systems and strategies to collect, exchange, store and interrogate data and documents (Trial Master File: TMF/eTMF).
- Digital Archive: Keeping clinical data from past trials alive in order to meet the demands of the long-term regulatory environment, while simultaneously serving the broader commercial objectives and goals of the organisation.
The full report can be downloaded for free by completing the form below.
To give you a flavour of what to expect, here are some of the key findings:
- Half (56%) of life sciences organisations say that COVID-19 has had a negative impact on their ability to deliver on the objectives of their clinical trials, compared to three out of four (69%) in August 2020.
- In 2020, 41% of new clinical trials were delayed or put on hold indefinitely. Four in ten (41%) of these cancelled/delayed clinical trials will now be run in 2021.
- Life sciences organisations have pivoted to technology to get their trials and operations back on track, but nearly six in ten (57%) now say the cost of running a clinical trial has increased. 188 billion USD was spent on R&D in 2020.
- These rises have been partly offset by: cuts from other budgets (45%), reduced travel and cancelled congresses (15%), cuts to shareholder profits (17%).
The report confirms that many life sciences organisations are accelerating digital transformation to increase efficiencies, enhance collaboration, and modernise and improve the clinical trial process.
To access the full report, simply complete the form on this page and you will receive your copy.
23 Sep, 2020
Arkivum report: TMF Futures, Keeping Data Alive
Arkivum is delighted to publish a new report into the major trends impacting the long-term management of clinical trial data for life sciences organisations. Forming the core…
20 Apr, 2021
Neuraly Case Study: Helping a revolutionary clinical-stage biotechnology company become GCP compliant
You can access the full Neuraly case study here. With two clinical studies in Phase II and three more in pre-clinical stages, Neuraly – a clinical-stage biotechnology…
18 Feb, 2021
New eBook: An eTMF Archiving and Preservation Guide
According to our research less than one third of sponsors think that they are archiving their eTMF in adherence to archiving regulations. The complex regulatory landscape has…