At Arkivum, we recognise how critical it is for our software and processes to adhere to industry standards and best practices in order to provide our customers with assurance their long-term data adheres to the good data security standards required. This is particularly essential for organisations who are processing high risk information and need to ensure that all personal information is handled correctly and in a compliant manner.
Our work with supporting NHS Trusts and Research Institutes means we need to provide clients with the ability to securely share access to their data for re-use and comply with the high data security standards required over the entire lifecycle of their data.
We are delighted to confirm our completion of and adherence to the newly updated NHS Data Security and Protection Toolkit. Originally released in April 2018, the standard has been updated to incorporate feedback received since its initial release, ensuring the guidance is tailored appropriately for larger and smaller organisations. For example, there is now a reduction in evidence items required from smaller organisations due to the rationalisation of GDPR requirements.
Changes have been made to the Data Security and Protection Toolkit Standard (DSPT) for 2019-20 in order to:
- respond to lessons learned and direct feedback from users following the first year of the DSPT
- improve the targeting of requirements to different categories of organisations
- rationalise some of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) evidence items which are now considered “business as usual”
- incorporate the requirements of Cyber Essentials and the Minimum Cyber Security Standard (MCSS) for relevant larger NHS organisations
- incorporate key elements of the Network and Information Systems (NIS) Regulations 2018 Cyber Assessment Framework (CAF) for relevant larger NHS organisations as advised by the National Cyber Security Centre
More information on the new standard is available on the news page: https://www.dsptoolkit.nhs.uk/News/51
Arkivum’s completion of the Data Security and Protection Toolkit complements our ongoing certification of the ISO 27001 and 9001 information security standards, implementation of a robust Quality Management System (QMS) and adherence to GxP guidelines.
Arkivum takes information security seriously for all of our staff and clients. Compliance is of the utmost importance to safeguarding our clients’ valuable data assets and supporting our clients in operating high performing, data rich organisations.
12 Jun, 2018
Arkivum Certified to ISO 27001:2017 Standard
10 May, 2019
5 ways to reduce the cost of compliance across your life sciences organisation
27 Aug, 2018