Arkivum is pleased to be participating in the GDPR in the Public Sector Conference which is taking place on the 8th November 2017 at Salford.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will become UK law in May 2018, introducing much stricter rules for gathering and storage sensitive data as well as increased powers for regulators. As the UK’s public sector holds everything from tax records to biometric data, it is crucial that organisations act now to ensure they are line with the new legislation. The GDPR will introduce a series of stringent requirements around transparency and subject opt-ins with severe fines for organisations which fail to comply. Public bodies will also be required by law to appoint data protection officers and put strong measures in place to detect and report data breaches.
Joins the General Data Protection Regulation in the Public Sector Conference where data experts will explain how the new rules will effect local government, the NHS and all public sector bodies. Make sure your organisation is ready for GDPR by understanding how to draft a compliance programme, make data more accessible and do more to protect the public’s sensitive information.
“There’s a lot in the GDPR you’ll recognise from the current law, but make no mistake, this one’s a game changer for everyone.” – Elizabeth Denham, UK Information Commissioner
- Plan ahead for the introduction of the GDPR and understand your organisation’s obligations under the new regulations
- Hear from leading experts in the field of data protection and benefit from unique insights into the implications of GDPR
- Quiz the panel of expert speakers about what GDPR will mean for your public sector organisation
- Network with other delegates from across the public and private sectors and discuss the challenges posed by changes to data regulation
- Discover how new technology and software can improve data collection and management
To find out more about the event please visit the event website.